No Assemblies in Church Building
In light of the 15-day guidelines issued by our president and the new and developing information pertaining to the spread of COVID-19, the Elders at the Bellaire Church of Christ have made the difficult but necessary decision to not meet for worship services at our church building.
Right now, this includes:
• The three Sundays of March 22nd, March 29th and April 5th and
• The intervening Wednesday night services of March 18th, March 26th, and April 1st.
• We do not know if these guidelines will be extended beyond the 15-day period. If they are, we will comply and refrain from meeting in our church building until such time as our Government tells us it is safe to do so.
If you will notice, we did not say we are cancelling worship services. We are simply not meeting in our building to worship God. During this temporary period, here is how we shall proceed:
1. Worship Services: We will worship together - with each other - remotely within our own homes.
2. Live Streaming Video Broadcasts: We have created a Bellaire church of Christ YouTube channel whereby we will live broadcast:
• Sunday worship services
• Sunday bible classes, and
• Wednesday night bible classes.
3. How: Within a few hours of our regularly scheduled worship services (Sunday at 9:30 AM and Wednesday at 7:30 PM), we will send to each member the specific link for each broadcast by text and email.
4. What’s Included: Our video broadcasts will include the entire worship services and bible classes:
• Lord’s Supper
• Sermon, and
• Sermon and Bible Class Power Point Presentations
• Please note that these broadcasts are also recorded for later viewing.
5. Lord’s Supper:
• To partake of the Lord’s Supper, each of us will have to obtain the bread and wine.
• The church purchased 300 individually wrapped cups and bread. They are on the foyer table on a first come and first serve basis.
• Grape juice is now generally available at the grocery stores.
• Unleavened bread may not be available. If not, we have given you a very easy unleavened bread recipe below at the end of this announcement along with the scriptural support for it.
• Finally, if you continue to have difficulties in procuring the bread and the wine, reach out to other members, or the deacons, or the elders, and we will figure out a way to provide the Lord’s Supper elements to you.
6. Assembly: If possible, contact other members – perhaps those who live in your area - for the purpose of worshipping together in groups of ten or less. In this way, we will worship together, pray together, study together, sing together, reflect together--even as we are each with our families or small groups at home.
Your elders have made the decision to comply with the President’s guidelines in order to protect you, our church, all those who may come in contact with us, and our nation. It would be irresponsible to do otherwise. Please pray for each other, our church, our loved ones, our community, and our nation. Also, as requested last time, please throw in a little extra prayer for your elders so that God will give us wisdom in the making of our decisions at this difficult time.